Why Do We Exist?
1,203,568 children (41% of all children in the state) live in low income households in Illinois. Of the 41% almost 50% of those live below the poverty line - 2014 National Center for Children in Poverty
- In the US, the average student debt owed by college graduates was $37,172, up six percent from the prior year - Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Nearly 1 in 3 children (ages 2-19) in the Illinois is overweight or obese, putting them at risk for serious health problems - Center for Disease Control 2015
Our mission to create and support educational opportunities that enrich the lives of Illinois children.
Education is the cornerstone to our society. We need to step up to help fill the gaps of a poor state economy, challenges to our schools and the fact that over one million of our children live in low income or poverty conditions.
- We distribute FREE school supplies through partnerships with community organizations and government agencies
- Our signature Back 2 School kits are filled with core school supplies children need to succeed in the classroom
- Your dollars go to work right away and are invested in people and communities all over the state
- We award $2,500 scholarships so more high school seniors can attend college
- Our POWER UP! Boot Camp works to reduce obesity by teaching children the importance or proper nutrition and getting regular exercise
- You get a very visible return. Whether it’s all of the “Thank You’s" we get at our distribution events or the countless letters and cards of appreciation we receive, together, we are making a very real difference