Why Do We Exist?
1,202,458 children (41% of all children in the state) live in low income households in Illinois. Of the 41% almost 50% of those live below the poverty line - 2015 National Center for Children in Poverty
In the US, the average student debt owed by college graduates was $37,172, up six percent from the prior year - 2017 Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Nearly 1 in 3 children in Illinois is overweight or obese, putting them at risk for serious health problems - Data Resource Center for Child & Adolescent Health 2016
Our mission to create and support educational opportunities that enrich the lives of Illinois children.
Education is the cornerstone to our society. We need to step up to help fill the gaps of a poor state economy, challenges to our schools and the fact that over one million of our children live in low income or poverty conditions.
- We distribute FREE school supplies through partnerships with community organizations and government agencies
- Our signature Back 2 School kits are filled with core school supplies children need to succeed in the classroom
- Your dollars go to work right away and are invested in people and communities all over the state
- We award $2,500 scholarships so more high school seniors can attend college
- Our POWER UP! Boot Camp works to reduce obesity by teaching children the importance of proper nutrition and getting regular exercise
- You get a very visible return. Whether it’s all of the “Thank Yous" we get at our distribution events or the countless letters and cards of appreciation we receive, together, we are making a very real difference