Now accepting applications for 2017
An Exercise & Nutrition Program
Participants in our POWER UP! Boot Camp program experience an active and fun filled day all the while learning about the importance of physical fitness and proper nutrition. Children rotate through a series of activities including aerobics, yoga, stretching, tug of war, running an obstacle course, how to build a healthy snack, and much, much more.
Each child that participates in the program receives lunch, a free POWER UP! Boot Camp t-shirt, and a fitness/nutrition pack.
The POWER UP! Boot Camp is produced in partnership with:
In 2016, our program took place at West Lawn Park and was attended by 140 children between the ages of 6-12. This was our largest attendance to date and we are very excited to expand the program yet again in 2017. This year’s major sponsorship was provided by:
2017 POWER UP! Boot camp Details
Date: Saturday, October 14
Location: West Lawn Park - 4233 W 65th St., Chicago
Time: 9:30am - 4:00pm
Open to boys and girls age 6-12
Activity Sessions include:
- Operation Moderation Nutrition - Basic Nutrition, “Jeopardy” Game, Build a Snack
- Titan Challenge - Physical Fitness, Tug-a- War, Obstacle Course Relay, Kickboxing
- Mind Mixers - Mind Body, Breathing/Visualization, Yoga Poses, Journaling/Drawing
- Team in Training - Teamwork, Warm Up, Mobility/Stretching
- Knowledge Is Power - Choose Health, 500 Calories in 5 Minutes, Calories In/Calories Out, Fast Food Choices
Plus, each participate receives a FREE lunch, FREE t-shirt and FREE Fitness/Nutrition Bag.
Parents are invited to stay for Welcoming Session from 9:50am - 10:30am which includes FREE coffee and snack as well as instruction on what your child will be learning during the Boot Camp.